You probably already have a nice bike that you bought a few years ago from one of the big bike companies.
It looks nice and rides ok but something is missing; the bikes have no soul or personality. Shouldn’t your bike should be as individual as you are. Do you really want to spend countless hours on a bike that was designed for someone else?
Custom to us is the whole picture from fit to colors
Each bike we design and build is extremely individual. No one bike looks the same or rides the same. They are truly custom made for the rider .For example: One bike may be designed for a rider that competes primarily in Ironman triathlons and often to that person comfort overrides everything else on the bike. Verses a design may be completely different for someone that rides for fitness and does not compete in races.
A bike can be custom built specifically for you. Not just the size, colors or finish but how you want the bike to ride, for your weight, and your personal style. A bike that is an extension of you.
Elements of a Karma Cycleworks custom made bicycle
- A frame designed to fit your body dimensions and body specifics
- Customizable bicycle for the way you ride
- Colors and finish they way you want it. Anything from solid one color to a bike painted to look like Vincent van Gogh’s “Starry Night”.
- Geometry and ride quality optimized for the type of riding you do.
- Components are selected for rider fit, durability, and weight.
Titanium our preferred material for making bicycle frames
Titanium is an incredibly strong and durable material. It does not corrode and is difficult to dent or ding and can be manipulated to “tune” the ride quality. With this material we can build a very light frame (down to about 1000grams)and still very durable. There is no paint required to protect the material. In fact most of our bikes are ordered with a “brushed” titanium finish that requires very little care to keep the bike looking great. Just the occasional cleaning and wipe down with a protective coating like armorall. We use a special etching process to etch the logos and graphics on our frames.
The dream bike process
When you decide to invest in a bicycle that is made specifically for you there are several steps in the process
- Initial consultation: We meet online or in person at our studio and discuss your needs and wants. Many people may not yet know exactly want they want but we guide you through the entire process. (no sales pitch we just help you get the bike you want)
- Fitting: This is the most critical step of the process. We determine the optimal position for your body specifics, and riding style. (virtual or in person)
- Discuss and finalize component selection and colors: There are no set builds and every component is specified for your purpose and budget.
- Cad drawing: We do a cad drawing of the frame and spec the tubing appropriate for your new bike.
- Production: The frame goes into production and finishing.
- Final assembly: Your bike is professional assembled and readied for pick up or boxed for shipping
- Final fine tune fitting: We fine tune your position on the new bike. This can be done virtually or in person.
- Go ride
Karma custom Titanium frames
Each bike is hand made in the USA
Material: Aerospace grade 3.5a-2.5v titanium; shaped, butted, and tuned for the individual rider
Standard finish: Hand brushed finish with etched “Karma” logos
Optional finishes: Anything is possible; polished, painted, air brushed with flowers, etc. (prices quoted separately)
Frame only: from $4000
Complete bikes from: $5500